Our goal in the Purchasing Office is to procure goods and services at the best value for the City of Eugene using the most efficient and effective methods possible. We do this while abiding by state and local rules & regulations as well. In order to maintain good stewardship of public funds and support City values, the City often considers equity and sustainability factors, as well as cost, when making purchases. To learn more about these factors, and find resources, visit the Sustainable Purchasing page or the Equity in Contracting page.
Find Bids & Proposals
The City of Eugene uses the State of Oregon’s eProcurement system, OregonBuys, to:
- notify vendors of contracting opportunities
- post bid and proposal documents
- receive bids and proposals electronically
- post Notices of Intent for cooperative procurements and sole source purchases
- share opportunities and contract awards.
To be notified of opportunities vendors must register with OregonBuys.
Interested in more informal opportunities to work with the City? Add your business name to the Interested Suppliers list.
- Oregon Revised Statutes 279A, 279B, 279C
- City Code 2.1400-2.1450
- City of Eugene Public Contracting Rules
- Exhibit A, City of Eugene - Standard Contract Provisions (ORS Chapter 279B) Goods and Services Including Personal Services OTHER THAN Architects, Engineers, Land Surveyors on Public Improvements
- Exhibit A, City of Eugene - Standard Contract Provisions (ORS Chapter 279C) Services of Architects, Engineers, Land Surveyors and Related Consultants on Public Improvements Construction Services Labor and Services for Public Improvements and Public Works Subject to ORS 279C.800 to 279C.870
The Purchasing Office assists in the sale and disposal of City-owned goods and equipment. We utilize a variety of methods for selling items, including selling by online auction, fixed-price sales directly from the City, in-person auctions through a local vendor, and donating to non-profits or other local agencies. Please see the following resources for more information:
There are no notices at this time.
- How can I offer my goods or services to the City?
- Where can I find contracting opportunities?
- How can I register my business as a woman, minority, disabled, and/or veteran-owned business?
- What are the City's standard payment terms?
- I need to invoice the City; what is required and where do I send it?