Urban Agriculture Community Resources
These community resources provide funding, expertise or the use of land to encourage individual, neighborhood, school and community gardens.
- City of Eugene’s Community Gardens Program provides public land for growing gardens, friendships, community involvement, and environmental appreciation.
- City of Eugene’s Neighborhood Association Neighborhood Matching Grant Program encourages community involvement resulting in neighborhood projects that benefit the neighborhood.
- FOOD For Lane County Gardens provide on-site gardening opportunities and workshops while growing fresh organic produce for distribution to mostly women and children in Lane County. The Gardens provide opportunities for kindergarteners through adults to learn about food systems, hunger issues and gardening.
- Huerto de la Familia is a family garden offering Latino families a place to connect with their roots and the earth by growing their own food.
- Lane County Beekeepers Association is dedicated to local pollination through the field of bees and beekeeping in the community.
- OSU Extension in lane County provides research-based knowledge and education that strengthens local economies, sustains natural resources, and promotes healthy communities, families, and individuals. Extension currently offers programs in nutrition education, food safety and preservation, farming, home gardening, and composting.
- School Garden Project is dedicated to helping schools create and sustain school gardens to provide a hands-on gardening and fresh food eating experience.
- Slow Food Eugene is committed to supporting local food that is good, clean and fair.
- Willamette Farm and Food Coalition promotes the purchase of locally grown and produced food to keep farms and food businesses viable and to strengthen the local economy.