An expungement is a legal process provided by ORS 137.225 in which a Court orders the setting aside of a conviction, and/or a record of an arrest. The statute provides for expungement of a misdemeanor (including municipal ordinances), and a violation (including state and local ordinances). State or municipal traffic offenses may not be expunged per ORS 137.225.
Eugene Municipal Court charges an administrative fee for filing an expungement request. The fee offsets court administrative expenses associated with completing these requests. For information on waiting periods for expungements , the documents required, expungement forms and any applicable fee(s) contact Eugene Municipal Court.
The following documents are to be submitted to City Prosecutor at 99 West 10th Avenue, Suite 310, Eugene Oregon 97401:
- The original fingerprint card
- Photocopies of the motion and affidavit
- Photocopy of the charging instrument and/or sentence order
- Photocopy of the expungement fee receipt from the court
- A certified check or money order (if applicable) payable to Oregon State Police
City Prosecutor Website Disclaimer
The information on this site does not constitute legal advice. For legal advice contact the Oregon State Bar Lawyer Referral at 800-452-7636.