The City of Eugene Building and Permit Services Division is proposing an inflationary fee increase of approximately 2% to all fees with the exception of Electrical Specialty Code fees which will remain the same. This proposal is in keeping with the goal of small inflationary adjustments to keep the program operating and providing the responsive, professional service that we provide to the community. In addition to the normal fees, this proposed increase includes a new 2% Technology Fee that would apply to all permit and plan review costs which will go towards maintaining and continuing to improve the City’s permit and plan review software – eBuild.
The proposed fee order can be reviewed online (link below), or is available during normal business hours in hard-copy at the Permit Information Center (12pm – 4pm, Atrium Building, 99 W. 10th, Ave., Eugene) and at the City Hall bulletin board (9am to 5pm, 101 W. 10th Avenue, Eugene).
Public comment on the proposed fee order will be accepted from Thursday, August 25th, 2022, to Thursday, September 8th 2022 at 5:00pm. Public Comment can be emailed to Tim Westerman, PDD Financial Services Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Comment provided in writing can be mailed to:
Building Permits Division – Fee Proposal
c/o Tim Westerman
99 W. 10th Avenue
Eugene, OR 97401
City of Eugene – Permit Information Center Open for Business with Modifications
The Permit and Information Center continues to provide our regular services to the community. However, to take preventative measures for community member and staff safety against the spread of COVID-19, in-person lobby services have been suspended as of Thursday March 19, 2020.
The issuance of a building permit ensures that appropriate plans have been reviewed and the resulting construction is inspected to satisfy local, State and Federal requirements to safeguard the public health, welfare and safety.
Types of Permits and Plan Review
- Specialty (Trade) Permits – Electrical, mechanical, and plumbing permits are typically issued over-the-counter or you can apply online through eBuild (Trade permits).
- Express Permits - Some building permits can be applied for, reviewed, and issued the same day. Applications should be submitted through eBuild Opens a New Window. . You will also be able to schedule an appointment time. Review our guidelines for the residential express program and commercial express program to determine if your project qualifies.
- Standard Plan Review - Permits requiring plan review must be submitted online through eBuild. Most projects for new construction or building additions require submission of detailed plans to be reviewed by staff to verify compliance with codes. For additional information regarding the eBuild application, refer to eBuild Help. Intake staff can also work with you to submit your project through eBuild. They can be reached by phone at 541-682-5505 or by email Opens a New Window. .
How can you learn more?
- Online – Submit your question online. Questions are usually answered within one business day.
- Phone – Phone calls are typically returned within one business day. Contact staff at 541-682-5505. Note: See note above. Counter assistance is not available at this time.
- Counter assistance – Staff are available to answer questions regarding building, land use (zoning), and public works standards Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. No appointment is required. Note: See note above. Counter assistance is not available at this time.
- Meetings - If you are working on a project and have questions, you can schedule a project consultation Opens a New Window. to meet with key staff prior to submitting your application. Meetings are scheduled two weeks in advance. For phased projects and projects with multiple structures on one development site, a project consultation is required prior to submitting an application. If you have questions regarding this service please contact our staff at 541-682-5505 or via email.