YTEP Small Grants
The City of Eugene Youth and Teen Empowerment Program (YTEP), established in 2022, prioritizes building bridges with community organizations that are empowering teens. This Community Grants Program is intended to support ongoing programs for middle- and high school-aged youth as well as build partnerships to create new opportunities for teen empowerment.
Two kinds of grants are available to support programs running between July 2023 and June 2024:
- YTEP Financial Grants: Provides grants of up to $3,000 to support youth and teen empowerment activities. A limited number of financial grants are available to assist in creating successful and sustainable programs.
- YTEP In-Kind Support: Provides support in the form of marketing in the Rec Guide, facilities and transportation.
Deadline for submissions is 3 p.m., March 13, 2023
Eligibility & Grant Use
- be registered nonprofits or work with a nonprofit umbrella organization
- be willing to sign a Community and Program Partnership MOU
- conduct Level 1 background check on all staff who work with youth and teens
- be free, sliding scale, or have scholarship available to participants
- provide snacks
Examples of how grants can be used:
Types of programs: summer camp, afterschool, workshop, mentorship, internship, community service, academic support, leadership, job training, personal empowerment, civic participation, coming of age, etc.
- Lower or eliminate costs to participate
- Increase program hours
- Special events or activities
- New initiatives
Examples of how financial grants cannot be used:
- Administrative wages
- Transportation expenses (i.e., fuel, car/bus rental, etc.)
- Gifts or parties for staff
- Office equipment, phone bills
- Fundraising activities
- Publication and distribution of promotional items, merch or swag
- Read the tabs on eligibility, timeline and selection process to learn more about the YTEP Small Grants.
- Prepare before filling out your application by reviewing the list of questions (PDF).
- Fill out the YTEP Small Grants Application. We are taking applications now. Applications must be submitted by 3 p.m. PST on March 13, 2023 to be considered. You may save your progress and return at a later date by making an account.
Accepting Applications: January 3
Application Deadline: 3 p.m., March 13
Recipients Announced: May 15
Funds Dispersed: June 15
Applications will first be screened by the Youth and Teen Empowerment Program Working Group to determine eligibility based on the eligibility criteria.
Applications will then be reviewed by:
- Teen Leadership Council
- Mayor’s Youth Advisory Committee
The committees will rate the proposals on a scale of 1-10 based on:
- Economic viability and accessibility to participate
- Alignment to teen interests
- Commitment to equity and inclusion
- Ability to address these three impacts:
- Youth adopt healthy lifestyles resulting in decreased youth violence and risk-related behaviors.
- Youth grow up safely and access their best possible future.
Grant recipients will be selected through ranked-choice voting.