Public Participation


The Mayor and City Council welcome your comments and input on all topics. There are several ways to communicate with your elected officials.

Public Forums

Public forums are held on the second and fourth Mondays of each month, at the beginning of City Council meetings. Members of the public may sign up to speak on any topic not scheduled for a public hearing at the same meeting. See our Public Webcasts and Meeting and Materials web page for information on how to provide testimony. 

Public Hearings

Public hearings are scheduled on specific topics and are generally held on the 3rd Monday of each month. Members of the public who sign up to speak must speak only on the topic that is the subject of the hearing.  See our Public Webcasts and Meeting and Materials web page for information on how to provide testimony. Proposed ordinances are posted online in advance of the public hearings. 

How to Provide Testimony at a Public Forum or Public Hearing

Members of the public can sign up to speak during Public Forum and/or Public Hearings by completing the form located here on the day of the event. All forms received during the sign-up period will be randomized and the speaker list will be shared at the start of the forum or hearing, speakers will be called in the order shown.  

Alternatives to Testifying in Public

If you are unable to attend a council meeting or are uncomfortable speaking in public, you may submit written testimony to the City Manager’s Office via email, U.S. mail, or in person. Written correspondence on Public Hearing topics must be submitted in a timely manner in order to become a part of the public record.

General Communication

You can contact the mayor, council or individual city councilor about any issue by telephone, mail or email. Concerns or complaints about city services may be directed to the City Manager’s Office at 541-682-5010.

To find out who your councilor is, call 541-682-5010 or consult the ward map and the Mayor and City Council contact information.

When submitting your comments, please include your ward number or address in your communication to the City Council. Providing this information will identify concerns and questions for the City Councilor representing your ward.