How to Apply
The City of Eugene's recruiting goal is to find the best candidate to help us grow and serve. In order to do that, we are very intentional and mindful throughout each element of the process. We know that means a little more time to get to the end, but we believe that making sure that each employee is in a role that they can succeed in is important to our community's success.
What You Can Expect from Our Application Process:
- Submit your application materials.
- Your application is reviewed by a person for relatable skills and experience that can be used to meet the minimum requirements of the role.
- Your application supplemental question answers are reviewed by at least two reviewers to make sure that distinct lenses are used to see your perspective and unique characteristics. Take your time on your answers, they are really important!
- Interview invites are extended (there can be more than one round of interviews). We use panel interviews where all interviewees are asked the exact same questions to provide the same opportunity to each candidate.
- Finalists are discovered, and references and backgrounds are checked.
- Pay analysis is conducted to avoid any pay gaps or inequities. Pay placement is based on relevant education and experience as provided. Oregon Equity Pay Act (OEPA).
- Offers are made.
Once the posting closes, the process can take 4-6 weeks to complete.
Applications are reviewed and screened without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disabilities, or any other legally protected status. All positions require an on-line application. Click the "Apply" link on a posting to begin your application.
The City of Eugene complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Any applicant with a qualified disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act may request accommodation by contacting an employment analyst at 541-682-5061.
Eligibility for Employment
In accordance with the Immigration and Reform Act of 1986, the City of Eugene will request all eligible candidates who accept employment with the City to provide documentation to prove they are eligible for employment in the United States.
Law enforcement candidates with questions regarding their rights to work in the US can find more information at US Department of Justice website.
Alternative Job Postings and Applications
Alternative forms of job postings or applications are available by calling 541-682-5061.